Neocon 2017 Theme: Gender Gap is Neonatal Survival-Time to Act
National Neonatology Forum Updates
The National Neonatology Forum (NNF) came into existence in 1980 through the initiative of a handful of leading pediatricians working in the field of neonatology. They set forth the following objectives for NNF:
- To encourage and advance the knowledge, study and practice of the science of neonatology in the country.
- To draw out recommendations for neonatal care at different levels
- To establish liaison with other professionals concerned with neonatal care
- To assess the current status of electronic equipment being used in the country for perinatal care
- To promote indigenous manufacturing of the equipment
- To develop neonatal component of the curriculum for medical as well as nursing teaching
- To organize conferences, training’s, workshops etc.
- To promote neonatal care in the country